Player of the Week

Congratulations to Logan Kingma on being named the GPAC men’s basketball player of the week. Helped the Defenders to a 2-1 record against three ranked foes. Had 30 points and 13 rebounds against Bellevue on Saturday and averaged 23 points and nine rebounds in the win. Got me to thinking…when was the last time a Dordt player had 30 or more points. Have to go back to January 2006 when BJ Haan had 31 for Dordt in a win over Concordia and the next game when Luke Ruter had 30 against Dakota Wesleyan. Oddly, Ruter, who is second all-time in scoring at Dordt, only had 30 or more points one time during his career–there’s your nugget for the day.

All-region teams are out for women’s soccer. Kate Du Mez and Lisa Groen were named to the all-region team. We’ll have more on them tomorrow. The all-region team is out for volleyball. Four GPAC players made it, none from Dordt, namely Emily Van Voorst didn’t make the honor squad which I think is a shame. Remember now this is my opinion, but having watched all the teams in the GPAC, there isn’t a setter I’d trade her for in the league, not even close.

Things that make you say hmmmm…..

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.