jump to navigation

Haven’t Written in Awhile – Here it Goes March 10, 2007

Posted by Emily in : Uncategorized , trackback

Well, this week’s been pretty eventful, what with the Equality Ride preparations and then the Equality Ride showing up. Between that and homework I really didn’t have time to do much else. Last night was really fun though, minus getting thrown in the snowbanks so many times! (Thanks a lot Rob and Jon…lol) The band concert was pretty good, but I was utterly exhausted so I didn’t pay as much attention as I could have. There was also a free movie night at the Sioux Center theater at midnight…so, of course, I went. I watched Bridge to Terebithia (where, surprisingly, there were more guys than girls….hmmm) and it was really a lot better than I had expected it to be. Terebithia wasn’t exactly as I had imagined in my head, but I think they did a good job of portraying a “kingdom” that exists completely in the minds of the main characters without leaving a lot out of the book.

Not much has happened today. I got most of my homework done for Monday (all I have to do is write two poems) and I have to write a paper and do an assignment for Tuesday. All in all, I don’t think this week is going to be as bad as I thought it would…and I get to leave for home on Thursday! YAY! But that’s when I’m going to have to write all of these big papers…so we’ll see what happens.

I’m kinda jealous of all the people going on PLIA or that live in far more interesting places than Iowa. Not that I’m complaining that Iowa is a horrible place or anything…I just wish there was more of a landscape….real prairie would be pretty amazing….

Anyway, I should write those poems before dinner so I can go around and have some fun later.

Comments

Sorry comments are closed for this entry