jump to navigation

More Thoughts February 21, 2007

Posted by Emily in : Random Thoughts , trackback

“What is this I hear of sorrow and weariness,

Anger, discontent and drooping hopes?

Degenerate sons and daughters,

Life is too strong for you —

It takes life to love Life.”

Edgar Lee Masters

Spoon River Anthology – “Lucinda Matlock”

We talked about Edgar Lee Masters’ Spoon River Anthology today in American Lit class (I finally get something out of that class that made me think!). Usually American Lit becomes a lecture on American history or a discussion between a certain student and Prof. Dengler, but I really enjoyed class today. Unfortunately I still have a paper to write for that class for tomorrow… 🙁

My friends and I also had a discussion on women in church offices at lunch today. We’re all kinda set in our ways and it really didn’t look like that discussion was going to get anywhere…Personally, I don’t think it’s such a big issue and I just wish that Synod would vote on it.

Theology class was “enlightening” as always (I don’t know if that’s the best word for it…). Everything always seems to make complete sense in that class…I don’t know why. It’s nice that Mr. Lief and my dad agree on so many things though… 🙂

I’m conducting an interview with a guy from the Equality Ride that’s coming to Dordt to go in the next Diamond. I’m really interested in what he’ll have to say about why they chose to come to Dordt and how they feel about the whole thing…

Anyway, I told myself this paper was going to get written before I go to the Grille and Praise and Worship (hopefully) tonight, so I better get on that one! 🙂

Have a great Ash Wednesday!

Emily

Comments

Sorry comments are closed for this entry